NATIONAL BRAIN RESEARCH CENTRE
(An Autonomous Institute of the Dept. of Biotechnology, Government of India)
NH-8, Manesar- 122 050, Gurgaon Dist, Haryana
National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), is recruiting scientists with potential for intellectual leadership and passion for both research and teaching in cutting edge areas of Neuroscience. Appointments will be at the level of Assistant Professor and higher depending on experience and the quality of the scientific productivity. Candidates who have previously applied in response to the advertisement on our NBRC website need not apply again, unless they would like to update their resume. The open positions are at the following levels:
1. Assistant Professor (Scientist III)
Pay scale :- 15,600-39,100 (Grade pay 6,600/-)
Method of recruitment:- Direct recruitment
Essential Qualification Experience:- PhD with 4 (four) years experience in R&D.
Age: 40 years as on last date of the application.
2. Associate Professor (Scientist IV)
Pay Scale: - 15,600-39,100 (Grade pay 7,600/-)
Method of Recruitment: – Direct Recruitment
Essential Qualification Experience:- PhD/corresponding degrees with original work as evidenced by patents or publications. Evidence of leadership with about 8(eight) years experience in R&D.
Age: 50 years as on last date of the application.
3. Additional Professor (Scientist V)
Pay Scale: - 37,400-67,000 (Grade pay 8,700/-)
Method of Recruitment: – Direct Recruitment
Essential Qualification Experience:- PhD/corresponding degrees with original work as evidenced by patents or publications. Evidence of leadership with about 10 (Ten) years experience in R&D.
Age: 55 years as on last date of the application.
General Conditions :-
- The above posts will be made initially on contract for a period of 5 years with a probation period of 1 year. The Regularisation of the contract position is subject to a positive review on completion of 4 years further continuation of appointment will depend on the performance during this period. The positions are eligible for promotions as per guidelines applicable to Scientists as notified by the Govt. of India and accepted by the NBRC.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Competent authority in exceptional cases may relax requirements of age/ educational qualification/ experience.
- The candidates may be considered for higher/ lower grade depending on their profile.
- The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling, and number of vacancies may vary.
- Candidates who are desirous of being considered for the above posts and who can be relieved immediately on selection may apply in the prescribed application form attached along with this information sheet. Application form in the prescribed application format along with the following documents must reach Administrative Officer, National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar 122050, Gurgaon within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News Paper..
- Application format
- Attested copies of Certificates.
- Application Fee (non-refundable) 100/- for General and 50/- for OBC in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “Director, NBRC” payable at Gurgaon/ Manesar. The application fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category are exempted subject to the production of certificate. The women candidates are also exempted from the application fee. Candidates are required to submit separate application form along with requisite fee for applying for different Posts.
- Names of three references working in senior positions, who can certify the working/ conduct of the candidate.
- Advertisement No., Name of the post and Post Code applied for should be clearly mentioned on the Envelope and on the Application Form, failing which the application will not be considered. Applications received after the last date, without proper desired Demand Draft, without attested copies of testimonials and certificates etc. /incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Out-station candidates called for interview shall be paid 2nd class sleeper train fare on production of documentary evidence.
- The applicants in Government/Semi-government organizations/ public sector undertaking autonomous organizations must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered.
- Merely fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interview. Since it may not be possible to call all the candidates for interview, the applications will be short listed and the decision of the duly constituted Screening Committee will be final. The Centre will not entertain any correspondence in this respect and interim enquiries will not be attended to.
- Applications received after due date may not be considered.
- Candidate may specify the category they belong to and attach documentary proof in case they belong to OBC/SC/ST/PH/Ex-serviceman category. The reservation rules/ guidelines of the Govt. of India will be applicable. The Upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PH/ applicants as per the rules / guidelines of the Government of India.
- Application should be complete in all respects and any incomplete application will be rejected summarily.
- The job contract will be regulated as per the terms of the project and the prevailing rules and procedure followed at NBRC at the time being.
- No communication will be entertained in this regard.
Terms and conditions and application form may be downloaded from the website of NBRC (www.nbrc.ac.in) or obtained by post on request from the Administrative Officer, NBRC, Nainwal Mode, Manesar-122050, Haryana. The request for application form should be accompanied by a demand draft for 50/- drawn in favour of Director, NBRC payable at Gurgaon along with details of the address where the application form is to be sent. In addition the candidates have to send the requisite fee as applicable, alongwith the filled-in application.
Last date for receipt of completed application form is within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News Paper..(27 Aug-2 sept PG 42)